Your web-browser is very outdated, and as such, this website may not display properly. Please consider upgrading to a modern, faster and more secure browser. Click here to do so.
do you ever feel like you’re just sort of
like all your friends go out and do things and get into relationships and like people that like them back and have fun and do stupid things with their best friends and instead of doing all that you’re just sort of this mildly entertaining thing that people take an interest in once in a while but they wouldn’t really care if it was gone
like you just sort of exist but you don’t really mean anything
This specifically refers to a hand striking the side of a person’s face, tells quite a different story when placed in it’s proper historical context. In Jesus’s time, striking someone of a lower class ( a servant) with the back of the hand was used to assert authority and dominance. If the persecuted person “turned the other cheek,” the discipliner was faced with a dilemma. The left hand was used for unclean purposes, so a back-hand strike on the opposite cheek would not be performed. Another alternative would be a slap with the open hand as a challenge or to punch the person, but this was seen as a statement of equality. Thus, by turning the other cheek the persecuted was in effect putting an end to the behavior or if the slapping continued the person would lawfully be deemed equal and have to be released as a servant/slave.
THAT makes a lot more sense, now, thank you.
Can you guess from my posts what is my:
* Sex and/or Gender
* Sexual Orientation
* Race and/or Ethnicity
* Field of study and/or field of work
* Favorite TV show(s)
* Favorite book(s)
* Favorite video game(s)
* Favorite food(s)
Leave any answers in my ask and we’ll see how accurate you are.
this could be funny.
This is actually funny
why do people get so mad about puns? they’re literally the nicest kind of humor. they make nobody feel bad. it’s just clever. sometimes it’s original. learn to like puns. don’t let society run your life
Some may not admit it, but 99% of the anger people experience after a good pun comes from the fact that they didn’t think of it first.
people who tell me “i wish i were asexual” to try and make me feel better baffle me like i know they don’t grasp the entirety of what that one little sentence means but let me break it down for you
by saying “i wish i were asexual” you are saying
- i wish i felt out of place during my formative years when everyone was developing crushes on people and i wasn’t
- i wish i had to pretend to like the opposite gender but feel wrong about it constantly
- i wish i could feel alienated by almost every form of media based on the importance placed on sex
- i wish i could be a walking disappointment to all the people i’d be perfect for if i weren’t asexual
- i wish i could be considered a medical condition rather than a sexuality
- i wish i could be mocked and joked about by both heterosexual and homosexual people
- i wish i could spend my time crying myself to sleep over why i dont JUST LIKE THEM IT WOULD BE SO EASY TO JUST LIKE THEM WHY AM I NOT ATTRACTED TO THEM WHY
- i wish i could force myself into dangerous situations on the basis that ‘once i try it i’ll like it’ and wind up getting taken advantage of
- i wish that i were a disappointment to my parents because they believe the epitome of happiness is finding a significant other and don’t understand how anyone couldn’t want that
- i wish i could be considered too boring to be represented in most forms of media
- i wish to be the “honorable mention” in all my friend’s lives and never feel as if i am truly important to anyone
- i wish i could give a practical fucking lecture on what asexuality means any time i tell someone im asexual because nobody knows what it means and/or doesn’t believe me
- i wish my issues could be ignored by almost everyone constantly because they are not important enough
yeah okay that’s not everything but that’s a good short break down of what you are saying when you say “i wish i were asexual”
you are not saying “i wish i didnt have to deal with dating” or “i wish i didn’t get horny”
that is not what you are saying
please understand the difference and NEVER say you wish you were asexual to an asexual person you are undermining everything we go through every day and it is NOT supportive at all it is belittling at best and patronizing at worst.
that’s some free knowledge from me to you
- I wish I were rejected by my partners because I lack their enthusiasm for sex, and even if I’m willing to participate, they feel like they’re ‘taking advantage of’ me and are repulsed by the situation
Ever have that moment of playing with makeup and decide that it looks simultaneously ridiculous and gloriously fierce?
Page 1 of 578